Are you the right fit?
As a Bilingual Underwriter, you will be responsible for loan adjudication, vehicle valuation and credit assessments. Underwriters are responsible for providing an uncompromising level of customer service to our Partners. This position reports directly to the Underwriting Manager and work closely with the rest of the Operations team.
To be successful in this new role, you will need to be organized, detail-oriented and focused on customer service above all else. You are a team player, strong communicator and highly personable. You are comfortable multi-tasking in a high-pressure environment and holding yourself accountable for results. We are a small team with big shoulders in an open office environment.
- Position type: Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours/week)
- Hours: Rotating shifts between the hours of 8AM to 10PM, 7 days a week
- Location: Downtown Toronto
- Manage and complete the loan adjudication process from beginning to end, and underwrite loans according to Financeit’s lending policies while evaluating risk and insuring the quality of loans
- Evaluate all documents and condition loan accordingly
- Document reasoning for all loan decisions
- Identify loans for exceptions while ensuring proper procedures are followed for approval and documentation
- Maintain knowledge of lending requirements, internal policies and procedures, and compliance and regulatory requirements
- Strengthen and build lasting customer relationships with Partners
- Process Partner and Borrower requests while providing a superior level of customer service
- Navigate and use all available technology and maintain customer information in an organized fashion up to and including UAT.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures for the prevention of loss due to fraud, money laundering or defalcation
- Understand risks and take appropriate actions, including all documentation, and any other requirements to maintain operational integrity
- Fluency is English and French
- Underwriting experience is required
- Strong knowledge of consumer credit and lending practices
- Technical and organizational abilities a must
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus plan
- Group Benefits Plan
- Fitness program
*Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please apply here. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.