Are you the right fit?
We are looking for a Senior Accounting Manager to join the Financeit team in a key financial role. The Senior Accounting Manager, under the direction of the Director of Finance, will be responsible for creating and maintaining efficient Accounting processes, and directing all Accounting activities and functions, while ensuring compliance and integrity of financial records. This will include managing the accounts payable function, monthly closing of accounts, project Accounting lead, internal and external audit liaison, and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Manages and leads accounting staff, focusing on their professional growth and development
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in strategic financial projects including implementation of ERP software and IFRS conversion
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through annual report
- Prepare summary feedback of financial statements variances to budget
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes
- Bachelor's Degree and CPA designation
- 3+ years of well-rounded accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills are a must (v-lookup, pivot tables, sumif)
- Knowledge of GAAP concepts and day-to-day accounting is required
- Previous experience in audit, treasury and compliance functions is considered an asset
- Experience in managing an effective team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Takes initiative, is accountable, well-organized, finds innovative and efficient methods of completing tasks
- General understanding of lending and credit
- Experience in accounting for financial services or e-commerce operations is an asset
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus plan
- Group benefits plan
- Fitness program
*Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please apply here. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.