Are you the right fit?
Financeit is looking for a seasoned Bilingual Collections Specialist to join the Collections team!
- Negotiate payment of debts in accordance with client and company guidelines
- Reduce aging and balance delinquencies
- Conduct skip tracing
- Coordinate outbound collection letters
- Suggest improvements on operational processes and establish best practices
- Produce reports, analyze data, identify trends, and provide recommendations
- Identify and escalate risks as well as potential fraud
- Update and document collection files with detailed information from clients, customers, agencies, and maintain professional communications
- Support the collections team and management on all objectives
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a proven collections expert in a banking or agency setting
- Fluency in both English and French (writing and speaking)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong understanding of consumer credit (secured and unsecured)
- Excellent collections, skip tracing, and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills and de-escalation abilities
- Proven track record of curing difficult accounts
- Thorough understanding of all privacy and collection laws
- Some US Collection experience is an asset
- Repossession and PPSA experience is an asset
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PPT, Google solutions – Chrome, Docs, Mail, Calendar, etc
- University Degree, College Diploma, and/or years of related experience
- Flexible hours and weekends
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary based on experience
- Performance based bonus plan
- Group Benefits Plan
- Fitness program
*Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please apply here. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.